- On your PC, launch a web browser and type myrouter.local or linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar.
- Before you start, connect your PC to the existing home network.
- After you press Enter, a login screen appears on the computer screen.
- On the Linksys router login page, enter the default username and password of the Linksys router.
- Use ‘admin’ in the username field and leave the password field empty. It is the default login detail for your router. Click ‘Login’ to log into the router’s interface.
Linksyssmartwifi.com | Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Login
Linksyssmartwifi.com is providing you the steps on how to setup Linksys router using smart setup. It is a quick and easy way to set up a Linksys router. Smart setup that is inbuilt in router firmware made it easy to set up Linksys routers. The benefit of having this smart setup is that it does not require any internet connection. Along with this benefit it has something more like to set up the router, we do not need any other software.
Linksys Smart Wifi Router has a lot of advanced and smart features such as parental controls and guest Wifi network feature, change Wifi password, manual firmware update, etc. All these features can be accessed by logging into the Linksys smart wifi login page. You can easily log into the Linksys router setup page through www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the browser’s address bar on any wireless device. There are several things about the Linksys smart wifi router you will know on this website such as Linksys router login, myrouter.local setup, Linksys firmware update, and receive well-explained answers to your queries like, ‘how can I secure my wifi’ are all mentioned here.
How to install the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router?
- Find an optimal location and place your Linksys router to start the initial setup.
- Now, connect the Linksys wifi router to the modem through Ethernet cable.
- Insert one end of the cable to the LAN port of the modem and another end to the router’s internet port.
- Now, connect the router’s LAN port to the port of your PC using another Ethernet cable.
- Next, turn on all the devices such as your computer, modem, and router one by one.
Linksys Router Login
Linksys smart Wifi login is the main control panel where all the settings are stored and configured. Have a look at the below steps to complete the login process. Follow the steps to access the linksyssmartwifi.com:
Steps for Linksys Router Setup
- On the router’s web interface, you can configure or manage various advanced settings.
- First of all, choose the connection type for your router.
- Now, click on the ‘Wireless’ tab from the main menu page.
- Next, select the ‘Wireless Network Name’ to change the SSID of your router.
- Next, the Network SSID will appear in the list of available wireless networks.
- Choose your device’s network name and click ‘Connect’ to connect to the network.
- Now, enter the ‘Network Password’ in the required field. Click ‘Save Settings’ when you are done.
- If you want to change the ‘Network Passphrase’ of your router. Click the option ‘Change password’ and type the password in the required field.
- Now, press ‘save settings’ to save the new password.
- Next, click on the ‘Wireless MAC Filter’ in order to ‘Enable’ the ‘Wireless MAC Filter’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and configure other settings that you want to change.
Steps to upgrade the Linksys Router Firmware
Linksys firmware update lets you enjoy the smart & latest features of your router. When you install the Linksys smart Wi-Fi router for the first time, it is important to update its firmware. There are two options to update Linksys firmware:
- a) Linksys Automatic Update
- b) Manual Firmware Update
Linksys Firmware Update via Check Button
Here are the steps to update Linksys firmware manually:
- First of all, log into the Linksys cloud account through linksyssmartwifi.com.
- On the Linksys router’s interface, click on the ‘Connectivity’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Check for Update’ button under the ‘Manual Firmware update’ option.
- The Linksys smart wifi router starts looking for the available updates.
- Once the router detects the one, download and install the firmware on your computer.
- Next, touch the ‘Click here’ tab to update the firmware.
- Once the process is completed, click ‘OK’.
Troubleshooting Linksys Router flashing orange light Error
Follow the below steps to troubleshoot this error:
- Restart the Linksys router and check the status of the Internet LED.
- Check if you are getting the Wi-Fi connection from your ISP provider.
- Try to connect your modem directly to the computer through the Ethernet cable.
- Check the physical connections between the modem and your router.
- Next, try to set your computer’s IP address, Default Gateway and Subnet mask to static.
- Linksys router with outdated firmware may cause the flashing orange light issue. Update Linksys firmware to the latest one.
If nothing works, reset the router to its factory default settings
Troubleshooting Linksys Router No Connectivity Issue
- Make sure the router and the modem are getting power. To confirm, check the status of the power LED on the router.
- Make sure the power cord from your modem is securely plugged into the router.
- Now, reboot both your modem and Linksys router.
- Perform the process of the Linksys firmware update.
- Try changing the router’s channel.
- If you receive an error message ‘Server Not Found’ for some of the websites, check the router’s settings and disable the firewalls.
- If all the above steps fail, reset the router to its factory defaults.
Linksys Router FAQs
Query: How do I fix the ‘can’t find my network’ issue?
Answer: There might be multiple reasons for can’t find my wireless network error. Make sure the wireless hardware is turned on and working properly. Place your wireless device within the range of the wireless network. Try to move your wireless device closer to the Linksys router. Check if the network is hidden. If it is a hidden network, connect to in a different way.
Query: How can I change Wifi password of my Linksys router?
Answer: Launch a browser and browse to the linksyssmartwifi.com. On the Linksys router login page, enter the login details. Next, open the router’s web interface and select the ‘Wireless Security’ tab under ‘Wireless’ menu. Now, enter the appropriate name and password for your wireless network. Once done, save the settings.
Query: I can’t find my router Linksys in the network list. What do I do?
Answer: If you can’t be able to find your Linksys router in the available list, follow these steps:
- On your PC, go to the Control Panel.
- Click the ‘Network and Sharing’ option.
- Click the ‘Manage Wireless Networks’ tab.
- Select the ‘Remove Network’ option to remove all the wireless connections.
- Now, restart your computer and scan for the available networks again.
- Next, select your router’s network and click ‘Connect’.
- If the above steps do not work, reset your Linksys router.
Query: Why it is important to change WiFi Name and Password of your Linksys Router?
Answer: It is important to change WiFi password of your Linksys smart wifi router to secure your router’s network. It creates protection from any unauthorized access to your personal information.
Query: How do I fix the ‘No Internet’ error message?
Answer: Restart the PC, modem, and your router. Now, check the IP address settings. Try to run the Windows network troubleshooter. Next, confirm the status of the ISP. Update the drivers of your computer and update the router’s firmware. Reset the Linksys router to its factory defaults.