- On your PC, launch a web browser and type myrouter.local or linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar.
- Before you start, connect your PC to the existing home network.
- After you press Enter, a login screen appears on the computer screen.
- On the Linksys router login page, enter the default username and password of the Linksys router.
Linksyssmartwifi.com | Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Login
How to install the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router?
- Find an optimal location and place your Linksys router to start the initial setup.
- Now, connect the Linksys wifi router to the modem through Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect the router’s LAN port to the port of your PC using another Ethernet cable.
- Next, turn on all the devices such as your computer, modem, and router one by one.
Linksys Router Login
Steps for Linksys Router Setup
- On the router’s web interface, you can configure or manage various advanced settings.
- First of all, choose the connection type for your router.
- Now, click on the ‘Wireless’ tab from the main menu page.
- Next, select the ‘Wireless Network Name’ to change the SSID of your router.
- Next, the Network SSID will appear in the list of available wireless networks.
- Choose your device’s network name and click ‘Connect’ to connect to the network.
- Now, enter the ‘Network Password’ in the required field. Click ‘Save Settings’ when you are done.
- Now, press ‘save settings’ to save the new password.
- Next, click on the ‘Wireless MAC Filter’ in order to ‘Enable’ the ‘Wireless MAC Filter’ option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and configure other settings that you want to change.
Steps to upgrade the Linksys Router Firmware
- a) Linksys Automatic Update
- b) Manual Firmware Update
Linksys Firmware Update via Check Button
Here are the steps to update Linksys firmware manually:
- First of all, log into the Linksys cloud account through linksyssmartwifi.com.
- On the Linksys router’s interface, click on the ‘Connectivity’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Check for Update’ button under the ‘Manual Firmware update’ option.
- The Linksys smart wifi router starts looking for the available updates.
- Once the router detects the one, download and install the firmware on your computer.
- Next, touch the ‘Click here’ tab to update the firmware.
- Once the process is completed, click ‘OK’.
Troubleshooting Linksys Router flashing orange light Error
Follow the below steps to troubleshoot this error:
- Restart the Linksys router and check the status of the Internet LED.
- Check if you are getting the Wi-Fi connection from your ISP provider.
- Try to connect your modem directly to the computer through the Ethernet cable.
- Check the physical connections between the modem and your router.
- Next, try to set your computer’s IP address, Default Gateway and Subnet mask to static.
If nothing works, reset the router to its factory default settings
Troubleshooting Linksys Router No Connectivity Issue
- Make sure the power cord from your modem is securely plugged into the router.
- Now, reboot both your modem and Linksys router.
- Perform the process of the Linksys firmware update.
- Try changing the router’s channel.
- If all the above steps fail, reset the router to its factory defaults.
Linksys Router FAQs
Query: How do I fix the ‘can’t find my network’ issue?
Query: How can I change Wifi password of my Linksys router?
Query: I can’t find my router Linksys in the network list. What do I do?
Answer: If you can’t be able to find your Linksys router in the available list, follow these steps:
- On your PC, go to the Control Panel.
- Click the ‘Network and Sharing’ option.
- Click the ‘Manage Wireless Networks’ tab.
- Select the ‘Remove Network’ option to remove all the wireless connections.
- Now, restart your computer and scan for the available networks again.
- Next, select your router’s network and click ‘Connect’.
- If the above steps do not work, reset your Linksys router.